Wednesday, November 1, 2017

IWSG - How Do You NanoWriMo?


It's the first Wednesday of the month, and because it's the day after Halloween I nearly missed Alex J. Cavanaugh's IWSG post. To join us and share your insecurities CLICK HERE!

How do I NanoWriMo? I still have to try it. Every year it comes around I seem to be slammed with either one project deadline or another. This year has been a major work transition with a new writing position and the launch of a podcast I'm doing with an MFA friend who works in publishing.

CLICK HERE IF YOU ENJOY BEING SCARED, or making fun of others who do.
I did do the 3 Day Novel Contest based out of Ontario, Canada four years in a row. Each year resulted in a first draft. Out of this work morphed three novels. There's some crazy manic alchemy that happens to my process during writing competitions.

For those of you who NanoWriMo, has it helped you? Have you developed full manuscripts, and have they been published? 

Hope all you IWSGers had an awesome Halloween!  

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new writing position and the podcast. It's great you found something to kick-start your writing into a first draft. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. The 3 Day Contest is effective and insane. I look forward to having a light enough work load next year to participate in NanoWriMo. Kudos to all that are!

      Delete
  2. If the 3 Day Novel Contest works for - which apparently it does - keep at it.
    Cool news about the podcast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alex. I've been interested NanoWriMo for some time. Until next year!

      Again, so good to get the scoop from the well crafted Insecure Writer's Support Group.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Juneta! I look forward to following your NaNoWriMo progress.

      Delete
  4. Wow! That 3-day contest sounds brutal. I don't function well without sleep, and too many hours at the computer causes pain, so I'll pass, but it's cool that it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is brutal. I won't be doing it again this upcoming year. (I say that every year.) I'm looking forward to trying NaNoWriMo though!

      Delete
  5. An entire novel in 3-days? Wow. If it works, that's great!
    Congratulations to the podcast and position!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, T. I guess it works. I do feel like my brain has been churned to butter after. Good connecting!

      Delete