Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Saying, "I quit!" Then laughing at myself.


It's the first Wednesday of the month. Time for Alex J. Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer's Support Group post! IWSG is a safe place for writer's to share their insecurities and support one another. Click on the link to join: SIGN UP FOR INSECURE WRITER'S SUPPORT GROUP!

My website is down. I can't upload any media. After spending a small fortune to get multiple hacks off my site I can't link to my new published work. Every freelancer knows. This. Is. Bad! You don't get offered more assignments when publishers and editors can't see your latest feats.

So I leave my apartment in disgust to brainstorm a new career path, and it only takes a few blocks of marching for me to laugh and turn around. Being a writer is like being a show person. What else are you going to do?

CLICK HERE TO READ, IT'S OKAY TO BE SELFISH WITH YOUR WRITING
Above is my article, It's Okay to Be Selfish with Your Writing in Author's Publish Magazine. I should take my own advice.

10 comments:

  1. It's bad, but you know you will find a fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is tough, wishing much success and getting rid that problem altogether. Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the phone with FatCow now. I kinda wish GoDaddy had adriennereiter.com available. Seeing FatCow after my name still makes me wince. Ha!
      Thanks, Juneta!

      Delete
  3. You're right about what else are we really going to do if we don't write. I have no others "normal" skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! If I'm not writing everyday things get existential fast. Who am I? Why am I here? Best to avoid the Limbo, or "wheel of death". ;)

      Delete
  4. Ha ha, good for you, Adrienne! But what a pain to be hacked. That really sucks. Hope it gets resolved soon.

    Thanks for your kind words on my blog this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your site! I finally received some help from Fat Cow, and can now add media. Being an artist in this hyper Capitalist city is tough when you're an educator that has yet to make it commercially. It's always something.

      Delete
  5. That's horrible! But thanks for turning it into a chance to grin at the end. It's one of those how bad can it possibly get moments that helps put things in perspective. Thanks so much for that.
    Anne from annehiga.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I'm glad my post wasn't too much of a bummer. I finally got it all straightened out.
      best!

      Delete