Saturday, March 14, 2015

Why my editor is awesome.


Writing for an audience takes a village. Once we're secure enough with ourselves to ask for help we truly start to develop and grow. In order to hone our voice we need other writers that can be brutally honest.

I've learned to put my mistakes out there. Look at the above, it's horrible! It's also part of a 240 page novel that is bound to have a few blunders. I'm not going to beat myself up over it.  

There is nothing anyone can tell me about my writing that I haven't already said to myself a thousand times. My only request is make it useful! 

This is why my editor is awesome. He doesn't waste my time. When I see dump this or hell no and kill your exclamation points!, it makes the journey so much easier.


2 comments:

  1. It's always nice to have another person read your stuff. Sometimes what you hear when you write something is different from how people read it.
    I'm looking forward to reading your next piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come August I'll have nine other writers to workshop with! Still has yet to sink in. ha@

      Delete