Thursday, October 2, 2014

I'm Late for IWSG Post. Here's why...


I'm late for Alex J. Cavanaugh's http://alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com/p/the-insecure-writers-support-group.html. I know I come up with fantastic excuses because I'm talented at fiction, but this is the best one so far.
Grown up Kristi is actually grown up Adrienne! See the swollen glands?
When I was a kid, I thought I was drawing a portrait of my cousin all grown up. Now, I have proof I'm a gifted psychic. I was sketching myself. It all happened last week.

First my face looked like this.

Then this.


End result.


My glands swelled up for a week! You know you look fucked up when the hospital nurse taking your temperature asks if you've been to West Africa recently. 

I'm okay now,

...but I want to give a big F.U. to Kaiser Hospital. I've never had a problem with them before and I'm shocked. I was given the worst care. It took a whole week to get my blood test results back and then I had to have my mom and sister-in-law interpret the graph. 

I don't/didn't have the mumps or mono. So, WTF? I can't even get my doctor on the phone. 

I had a fever and my salivary glands stopped working, giving me a toad throat. My breathing was inhibited. All my doctor could suggest was if my breath got really short and/or I started drooling on myself, to call 911 or go to the ER. 

Any suggestions on what this was? 



9 comments:

  1. You should've drooled on the nurses at the hospital. Glad you're better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! By the look of her shaky hands she might have run screaming.

      Delete
  2. Wow ~ Poor You! I'm glad that you recovered! I'm visiting from the IWSG! Feel much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fundy. I'll have to go check you out. ;)

      Delete
  3. Maybe it was Endovirus B68? You're so funny with your facial comparison. I'm glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. D68 is better than Ebola. Thanks Sandi. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry the care you got sucked, but I'm glad you're better now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes, I have no idea! That's an excellent excuse, by the way. I'm just glad your glands have shrunk back to normal...

    ReplyDelete