Friday, October 24, 2014

Chuck Palahnuik was at the DNA Lounge but I had to work at the bookstore. :(

Chuck Palahnuik was at the DNA lounge in San Francisco and I had to work. Imagine being in a store surrounded by his books knowing he's a short drive away.

My friend, attorney and photographic reporter, Kevin Barrett got to go and scored me this!

 
Arm Signed By Chuck Palahniuk!

 According to Kevin, Chuck has seen fans a year after he'd signed their arm in fat permanent marker and they still had the signature, only now it's a tattoo. This gave him the idea.


 
I heart my dismembered arm!


 Kevin described Chuck Palahniuk as alternately down to earth engaging to antagonistic and eccentric. To this event he wore a Hugh Hefner style red silk bathrobe. Fitting, given his new book, Beautiful You, is about marketing possibilities of female pleasure reaching apocalyptic proportions.

When asked what his problem was with women Chuck replied, "Don't you read the internet? I hate women!"

When asked about character development Chuck described how he doesn't focus on sex or race when writing, ever.

So there you have it folks. Chuck Palahniuk despises you all equally, regardless of race, color or creed. He's an equal opportunity hater and I like that.


Chuck Palahniuk's arm in travel section!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment