Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Remember fun?

It's the first Wednesday of the month. Time for another post for Alex J. Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer's Support Group.

Holy crap, is it September already? I completed my fourth year in a row of entering the 3 Day Novel Contest at midnight on Monday. This means all my projects have been pushed aside. Chosen, the second book of my Rebecca Ashley Mystery Series, is still going through the editing process. My short story Horror Camp is still waiting for me to push the send button to five of my beta readers.

I'm at the bookstore right now. My co-workers step around me with heavy sighs as I type away during a poetry reading we're hosting.

 I'm not as hard on myself since I've been working here.

I understand more about the traditionally published author's editing process. I am one of the thousands of beta readers that get advanced unedited proof copies of traditionally published books.

It's just me, my editor, and a handful of beta readers going through my work.My eyes twitch and shoulder muscles throb when things can't move faster. Am I the only one that feels this way? How does one live in the moment and just enjoy the process? I can't remember how I did it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment