Thursday, April 3, 2014

Insecure Writer's Support Group



Time for an IWSG confession. To view more of Alex J. Cavanaugh's brain child Click Here! I'm a day late with this post. I've been taking a break from vlogs and posts to work on my books. 

Chosen is getting good feedback and I'm having fun tying the two novels together with Borderland. Of course I should be focusing one hundred percent on the third and final book of the Rebecca Ashley series but I, being the most impatient person in the world as well as the Queen of Hyperbole, am not. 

The agent I had previously mentioned in New York is interested in my next series. While he solicited a full manuscript of Twist he said while there's a lot to appreciate there he would like me to pitch my next project. 

Now I'm simultaneously working on Borderland and the first novel of my Lia Parker series The Academy. I love my unlikely sleuths and Lia is even more unlikely than Becca to muscle through a mystery. 

Lia Parker is a failed ballerina. San Francisco native, she was working with The SF Ballet when she fell off due to an eating disorder. Her father was killed in a car crash leaving her family their city home and not much else. A professional partier, Lia gets by Gogo dancing, doing burlesque shows and picks up the occasional topless shift at the Gentleman's club on Broadway.

Lia Parker's sister couldn't be more opposite. A graduate of Stanford she gets accepted to The Academy in Mill Valley. Everything is going for Lia's sister when a research trip to Alaska proves fatal. Lia tries to be there for her mom and is convinced the wrong daughter died. Now Lia is determined to find out what happened to her sister but The Academy, which caters to celebrities and the obscenely wealthy, has a lot to hide.

You only get better at writing by writing. I feel that The Academy will be my strongest writing yet. 

While I'm writing my biggest insecurity is insanity. I'm afraid of everything. I fear failure. I fear rejection. I fear I'm a fraud who's about to be exposed as a liar and a thief. What else? 

That pretty much sums it up.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, you got an agent asking for more. Ride that wave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David. I'm paddling as fast as I can. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigod, that's amazing! I couldn't have said it better than David above - ride that wave! I'm so happy for you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennfier. I'm thankful for the external motivator, even if it doesn't pan out. I heart IWSG!

      Delete