Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Neat Things Store!

Loved To Death
1681 Haight Street, San Francisco, CA 94117


I told my co-workers at the bookstore I'm moving across the bridge to live back in the city and one of them mentioned this! 

Loved to Death is a store that resonates the feel of stepping into a H.P. Lovecraft novel. They have an amazing array of all things macabre. Display cases house antique jewelry, medical instruments, taxidermied heads, animals, deformed skeletons and many more neat things.

Antique Early 1900's Renu Life Violet Ray Ozone Device
In other words: What they used to use torture you before you die.
I'm very excited to be back into the city. It's hard not to feel inspired there as it has interesting happenings and caloborative stores like this scattered all over. In the city of freaks and weirdos it's impossible not to bump into this stuff. 

I thrive on it. It's why I chose the Bay Area as my landing point. I grew up a navy brat and lived all over. But here, there's just no place like it. I don't see myself changing San Francisco as a character and a setting in my stories any time soon.

Searchers for horror haunt strange, far places. -H.P. Lovecraft

No comments:

Post a Comment