Sunday, January 26, 2014

Ian Rankin's Book Signing in Corte Madera

Ian Rankin speaks over a pint.

I immensely enjoyed Ian Rankin's book signing Friday night. He was surprising light hearted and funny considering how dark his crime fiction is. 

He was asked many times what he thought about the political climate in Scotland and with each answer the Scotsman remained Switzerland. He did explain why Scotland will always be safe from terrorists with an anecdote from recent events.

Terrorists attempted to bomb one of their airports. The vehicle only made it to the front door when it all went wrong. The men ran out of the vehicle on fire and were kicked to the ground by locals, civilians. 

"Scotland, where they'll kick a burning man. I think we're safe," Rankin laughs.

He signed my copy of his most recent book Saints of the Shadow Bible:
Dear Adrienne,
Good luck with your career. Remember not to do too much research.

This is definitely going on the Do Not Borrow shelf in my library.  
  

4 comments:

  1. He does sound funny! I love getting to see peaks into author events, there aren't too many that come around my way. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book Passages in Corte Madera is famous for them. We get some great authors come through Books Inc. as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adrienne,
    I don't have your email so a rather long comment. I love Ian Rankin too, I spotted him a few times when I lived in Edinburgh but never brave enough to say hello.
    I’m contacting my blogger friends to do a review of my book or feature me on their blog. I’m doing a free book promotion for Language in the blood from the 7th till the 11th of February, but you can contact me for a review copy anytime via email:

    The book is available on amazon worldwide. Here is the .com link:

    http://www.amazon.com/Language-blood-Angela-lockwood-ebook/dp/B00EMEN1P6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391521210&sr=8-1&keywords=language+in+the+blood+by+angela+lockwood

    This funny story follows Scottish vampire Cameron Blair, as he comes to terms with his new ‘life’, from his first days as a hapless vampire in war-torn France to the glamorous modern day setting of the Côte d’Azur. Along the way, he develops a distinctive taste for the finer things in life: jewels, yachts, small dogs and champagne-infused human...

    Blog: http://languageintheblood.blogspot.fr

    Website: http://www.cruftslover.adzl.com

    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CruftsloverAkaCameronBlair
    Thanks,
    Angela
    angelalockwood@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete