Wednesday, December 11, 2013

How to be a sleepless robot.

First, I'd like to apologize that I can't get to my videos this week. My poor channel. It's been neglected due to the fact that there aren't enough hours in a day. Screw the midnight oil. I've been burning the 2 to 3am oil and I don't see any other way to get my crap done. I was hoping to be finished with the second draft of Chosen last night but I'm still scraping away at it.

My days off are usually spent alternating a healthy balance of social media and working on my novel. Now that I have more than my usual self imposed deadline ahead of me the second book of my Rebecca Ashley series trumps all. I have to go to a school library tomorrow for work so now I'm wishing for a miracle.

How to be a sleepless robot:

1. Set unrealistic expectations for what you can get done in a day and stick to them while abusing yourself with enough caffeine to drop an elephant with a cardiac arrest.

2. Repeat.

I crown myself the Queen of Hyperbole!

9 comments:

  1. or... have a baby! haha! i haven't slept for more than 3 hours at a time for a month!

    Don't rush it! Quality work takes time, just look at george rr martin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't complain around you. Ha! Hopefully Henry gets on a schedule soon. ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm right there w/you. I'm so close to being done w/my final revisions. Wouldn't it be nice if sleep wasn't needed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. You'd think with modern technology we'd have found a way to make sleep optional by now. When your creative mode is on it's ON. You can't rush creativity yet there also isn't a pause button. Good luck on completing your manuscript!

      Delete
  3. Oh dear. Hope you manage everything (and get some sleep)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlie,
      Thanks. Things are looking up. ;)

      Delete
  4. Hi Andrienne, I just nominated you for the Liebster Award! Congrats and check it out on my blog :) http://crystalsmeanderingbookrivers.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear. Tis the season, huh? I hope you get a chance to relax soon!!

    ReplyDelete