Friday, December 27, 2013

Cough, cough. I'm sick.

I no longer trust in the healing powers of animals. I'm house sitting and have three dogs and two cats orbiting me at all times and I'm still sick. I'm Dr. Doolittle with a fever, cough and runny nose. 

I rarely get sick, but every few years during the holiday break my body will succumb to some freakishly strong super virus that repeatedly kicks my ass all up and down Candy Cane Lane. 

It's been slow and going adjusting to my new schedule and it would be manageable had I not gotten sick with the holidays upon me. It's been an unusual holiday because my family is off the main land and I'm watching all the pets while I work. 

The animals are making it harder, not easier. Instead of getting my eight hours I get hungry dogs wining in my face at the crack of dawn. It's hard to jump out of bed with a head full of NyQuil. 

I was three days late on my book review video. Needless to say I'm not my usual high energy self this week on YouTube. On a happier note I'm on the mend and looking forward to feedback on the Twist's sequel Chosen.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! Besides one bout w/croup we've been pretty lucky here. *crosses fingers* Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leandra. Don't tempt the gods. One of my last cough free sentences uttered was, "I rarely get sick." ha.

      Delete
  2. Blergh, it sucks to be sick over the holidays! Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what whiskey is for. Lots and lots of whiskey. I am about 95% certain at least 50% of doctors recommend whiskey as a cure at least 30% of the time.

    ReplyDelete