Thursday, November 7, 2013

Crowdsourcing. Why not? Day 1 of Project Launch!

It was suggested to me by my friend Frank that I look into crowdsourcing which I had a rudimentary understanding of. This morning I launched my project kickstarter chosen-book-two-of-the-rebecca-ashley-mystery-series. I'm nervous that the idea of using a crowdsourcing site to get my second book published wont be well received. I purposefully do not  put google AdSense on my blog or adware on my channel because I personally find it annoying. The best way to support my writing is to buy my books. ;) I hope this doesn't jeopardize my place in our online writing community.  Keeping my fingers crossed!


One thing that putting together this project helped me with was my pitch! I made a YouTube video titled How To Pitch Your Novel which can be found through the link. Wish me luck friends and if you have any questions about crowdsourcing or want advice on putting together your own project please post them in the comments below. I'm happy to help! 

2 comments:

  1. Hadn't given much thought to crowdsourcing for a novel, but I have seen some of my best-seller buds use it for coins, games, and other nick-knacks based on their books. Couldn't hurt! And best of luck reaching your goal (and thanks for finding me). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David! I've been looking at other novel projects on Kickstarter. It's inspiring. ;)

      Delete