Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Avoiding burnout and remembering fun.

It's been way too long since I posted so I'm making time today...

I've been busy with the holiday schedule beating me down but have yet to take a nose dive in my work.   Still, I never feel I get enough done. I think the fact that the only deadlines I have are self imposed makes this feeling of constantly floating worse. I don't answer to anyone and don't have people telling me what to do and how to do the work.

That's how people become workaholics. It's the fear that if you miss a step or relax and take a break everything you started will go to shit. This leads to the inevitable burnout in which you actually do drop everything and everything does go to shit!

I'm making a promise to myself to relax over Thanksgiving weekend. Everyone have a great holiday! Cheers!  

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving too! And I don't know if I'll even work on revising my story today. Think I'm just gonna myself permission to just kick back and read. And maybe open that bag of barbecue chips...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that Leandra! That's the beauty of cracking a book. You can entertain yourself without feeling guilty about it. Some times I convince myself it's research. ;)

      Delete