Thursday, October 10, 2013

Let's Try This Again!

Thank you for ordering a proof of TWIST (A Rebecca Ashley Mystery), Title #4447427. Your order was received and is currently being processed. Your proof will ship shortly. Delivery times may vary depending upon shipping method. 
Once you receive your proof, we suggest you review it thoroughly before approving it for distribution. Best regards,The CreateSpace Team


If all goes well TWIST will be available in print on Tuesday the fifteenth. Finally! Shout out to Erin and my step-brother Ian for all their help! It's been pointed out that every time I discuss photoshop and book formatting I sneer a little. 

The paperback copy coming Tuesday means the first YouTube video on my channel will also be Tuesday! 

I was explaining to a friend of mine who called earlier why I was excited for it to be Friday tomorrow. I've been on a 'cleanse' since Sunday. No alcohol for the last five days. I did the same last week. Once she quieted herself after laughing into the phone she said, "Most people call that drinking on the weekends. You're the only person I know to call not drinking during the week a "cleanse"."

If laughter really does make you live longer I just helped my friend out. She calls it "drinks only on the weekends", I call it "my weekly cleanse". Tomato, tomato.

What do you think of a YouTube channel? Would you be interested in listening to a self published author talk about writing and self publishing or are you tired of seeing such shameless self promotion? Let me know in the comments below!

Don't hold back. I'm doing the channel whether you guys tell me to or not. ;)

15 comments:

  1. "Don't hold back. I'm doing the channel whether you guys tell me to or not. ;)"

    That line actually made me laugh out loud. (I refuse to use the "lol" abbreviation.)

    Crossing fingers to see the book available on Tuesday! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissy! It's been long enough, right?

      Delete
  2. Congrats on this! I am truely leaning more and more towards the self-publishing route, so i'd love to see any tricks that worked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've finally made it out of the CreateSpace meat grinder. I'm happy to share my experience and help anyone who's considering this route. Looking forward to our hangout tomorrow afternoon.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Adrienne! I'm so excited for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm your newest follower. Your dog is adorable! Do the YouTube channel, there's no such thing as too much promotion, even self- promotion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm getting more excited about it. ;)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your book!

    I'm a new follower from Book Blogs. Here's my blog if you want to check it out. http://kellyhashwayblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I look forward to it.
      Cheers ;)
      -A

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, Adrienne. I think each person has to find their way in the publishing world. What works for one doesn't work for another. Follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true. As long as your book gets put in front of readers you're good. So many people focus on how to publish, when to publish and where. The most important thing is to write a good book! All great marketing does is help a badly written product fail faster.
      Cheers Sandy!
      Good connecting.

      Delete
  8. I agree with the above comments. Do whatever works best for you.

    As far as book trailers, I've found under three minutes works best. I've put three up. Unfortunately, the music disappeared. Guess I'll have to redo them. Wishing you the best in all your endeavors!
    Marja McGraw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marja! This should be interesting. ;)

      Delete