Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Insecure Writer's Support Group - When I try not to care, it means I really care!


The first Wednesday of every month members of the IWSG share their fears, thoughts and insecurities.  

Where do I begin? I've jumped head first into promoting my book when it was a draft and had just hit my editor's desk. It was a lot easier getting behind something I was sure I could make perfect. Now that it's out there and less than perfect (it is what it is) I'm waiting with bated breath for some reviews. 

I know Kindle is notorious for bullies and I have been blessed with thick skin. I've had a few snide comments thrown at me due to some typos and while no one has said it's a bad story, and it's not, no one's written an official review yet either. 

After zipping and unzipping my e-book file to make some minor corrections and having more beta readers give me the go ahead my book will now be in print.

It's one thing to be rejected by a few nasty people on Book Blogs, but what about independent bookstores? The one's I've stopped by in Berkeley said their policy is to read the book first and then decide whether or not they'll sell you. So I'm waiting. I'm waiting less than patiently.

Despite my insecurities I'm still committed. Self doubt still intact I'm managing to persevere anyway. I'm going to launch a YouTube channel soon to help promote my book and answer questions about my own journey in self publishing the same as here. 

A whopping thanks to Ninja Captain Alex J. Cavanaugh for providing this venue for us to reach out and help each other. Check out the group! Insecure Writer's Support Group

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lord, I haven't even thought about the promotion/marketing/reviewing stuff yet. I don't blame you for worrying! Best of luck - I hope it's beautifully received, and a smash hit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! It's a lot harder than I thought but I'm a newbie. Look forward to following your blog!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, the promoting part scares me. Ugh. It sounds like you're doing well, though. Keep on waiting. ;) It will be worth it.

    --Ilima Todd (IWSG co-host)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope so! What doesn't kill you... Thanks ilima!

    ReplyDelete