Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Self Publishing Is Hard!

:p I officially stick my tongue and make rude noises at those who get down on self published authors. I've actually had a writer friend say, "Oh, so you're going the impatient lazy route."

I thought I would have a hard copy to edit. I expected it to arrive yesterday but I ordered it wrong. I've been formatting and getting ready to do my own proofing. I've read and re-read my book double checking for errors so many times after I got back my professional edit. I damn well nearly have my 55,000 word manuscript memorized line by line. 

Self publishing is hard. There are so many writing adjacent jobs you have to do. I'm finding the process both exciting and exhausting at the same time. Anyone have any suggestions or want to add their two cents please do tell! 

I heart comments!


2 comments:

  1. What do you mean you ordered it wrong? (I have no idea what this process is).

    "Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work." -Stephen King

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleh. Long story. Waiting for Kristi to come over tomorrow night and save me from myself! Kindle has been a formatting nightmare. I've put so much work into this book I want it to be perfect. I'm so close it's making me crazy! Thanks for your continued support. It truly does take a village... And work. A lot of hard work!

      Delete