Saturday, September 14, 2013

Self Publishing Is Hard The First Time

Now that I feel I can finally let 'Twist' go I'm diving into it's sequel 'Chosen'. I've learned so much. I know how to format an e-book, zip and unzip files, and I have acquired some pretty necessary Photoshop skills. I feel invincible in the self publishing world. 

Given my competitive nature and obsessive need to be published I feel my entry into the 'published authors club' was initiation by fire.  I'm not super tech savvy so for me it was a real challenge. I realize self publishing doesn't have the same cache as traditional publishing but if you put out a quality product, you earn the title. The only judges I answer to are the readers. They're the ones I write for. 

If I didn't push myself to 'get it done already' it wouldn't have happened. If it wasn't for all the help and support from friends and family it wouldn't have happened (I'm still surprised no one did me bodily harm). If it wasn't for supportive writers and readers hounding me to push the button so they can finish what they halfway started, it wouldn't have happened.

Thanks guys!

7 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more! I'm in the process of getting ready for the release of my 4th novel while writing two others and I'm still learning :) Definitely not as easy as people assume.

    Mia ~ Author of Deadly to Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, the haters have come out to poke at me. Trying to avoid getting trapped in the Hatrix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post, so inspirational. Well done on finishing your book and jumping straight into the sequel. Eww to the haters stinking up your atmosphere, damn them! Onwards and upwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nonyelum! I've broken up my free time into 50% promoting and 50% writing. I feel if I stop putting one foot in front of the other and lay down I'll never get back up. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

      Delete
  5. Hi! I got your book blogs message so I thought I’d stop by and give you a follow! If you are interested, I post book reviews, cover reveals and any other bookish topics that are on my mind at Lost in a Book Nook (http://lostinabooknook.blogspot.com/). I would love it if you followed me back :)

    -Nichole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nichole! I'm definitely interested in your bookish topics ;)

      Delete