Saturday, September 7, 2013

Old Fashioned Hard Copies

I do read e-books but when I have the option to order a paperback I can't help myself. I know it's probably wasteful and not that great for the environment. There's just something about the way a book smells and flipping through it's pages that brings me back to the nostalgic childhood crap I enjoy reliving. 

As a kid I was always reading. I was one of those flashlight under the bed nerds that couldn't put a good book down even for things like sleep, friends, or good hygiene (JK on hygiene, kinda). 

I got this idea from Jennifer's Donnie Darko Girl Blog. When I went over to a new house as a kid and discovered it's inhabitants had their own personal library I would get super excited. I guess now I still do. 

This is a fun blog topic. Show me a pic of your library. Thank you to every dude that has ever helped me with the boxes at moving time!

Bookcases and my pet squirrel!

6 comments:

  1. I still haven't converted to e-books. I tried (sort of....not really). Although I do loan out many of my books and most of them don't get returned, so it keeps my collection in control. Kind of. Haha! I tend to buy books faster than I can read them. I guess there are worse things to be guilty of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I love being able to pull a book off a shelf as opposed to opening a file. The issue is lugging them around. They make moving a pain in the asset.

      Delete
  2. Love them and your pet squirrel!! I can't help myself, either. I'm known by name at a used book store I always go to that's 45 minutes away from where I live, lol. I scour Goodwill, garage sales, Amazon...we're getting ready to put our house up for sale, so unfortunately an entire bookshelf will be going into storage. :/ But we're looking for a bigger house, so that means more books, haha! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! You sound just like me. If I had a house as opposed to a one bedroom apartment instead of my books being stored in the 'guest room' I would have my guests spend the night in the library. ;)

      Delete
  3. Great sight of all those filled bookshelves:) My wife and I have e-readers, but somehow our bookshelves are always still overflowing (shrug).

    ReplyDelete