Friday, September 20, 2013

Createspace Fail

This is so frustrating. I've been formatting and re-formatting the print copy of my book. For some reason I can't get the page numbers to transfer from word to a PDF file. 

If you can't tell I'm not that tech savvy and it doesn't stop there. Apparently I also don't have an eye for detail. I received my book cards and discovered a typo. I had to reorder five hundred more cards. Grrrr. I've now been obsessively proof reading all that I've done. Pain is an excellent teacher.

My mom and I are off to Tahoe with the dogs. I've decided to give myself the weekend off of book duty and just enjoy the process of creating my first draft of 'Twist's sequel 'Chosen'.  The first draft is one hundred percent my favorite part of writing a book. My mysteries are very involved and require heavy plot outlining.

Even though I plot point like mad before I even write a word of my first draft I never know what I'm going to get. It's not until I throw adversity at my characters that I learn more about them. They always surprise me. I'll anticipate them to respond one way and sometimes they react the exact opposite. I've never written a sequel and am excited to learn more about these characters that have grown into complex people with their own hopes, dreams, fears and personal struggles. 

I'm ready for my over due break from Createspace.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no!! That totally sucks! Have you tried google-ing for a solution to the pdf page number issue? sometimes that works for me. i just type my question into google and usually someone else has posted something similar in a forum somewhere. and sometimes there are solutions. haha!

    Don't be afraid to ask others to glance over your work before you submit it! I'm sure there are a lot of people that would be more than willing to help! Sometimes when working on a project people can get too fixated on one aspect and neglect another, but when a fresh set of eyes looks it over they spot things. I have to do this all the time! What sounds normal to you, may not sound normal to someone else.

    Have fun in Truckee! I can't wait until we can come up there with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The typos in the print copy have been fixed and it's ready to go. I just need to upload it intact. I've been google searching the crap out of this thing. ;) It'll happen. Just not as fast as I want it to. Never does! ha ha

      Delete
  2. There are a ton of indie authors online who would be glad to help you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to find them! I'm scouring my google+ circles but only asking for advice in private hangouts. I need to swallow some pride and put my issues out in public view. I'm about to put my problems on blast on my Book Blog.

      Delete