Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Four Book Cover Ideas

Whew! I'm waist deep in my sequel trying to wade through my muck of an outline. I think that's what these pages are that I've scribbled all over. I've recently landed on the working title Chosen. That's subject to change (a couple thousand times).

I've decided to treat myself with some time to play around with cover ideas for Twist. Photoshop is so fun and if you have ADD a little scary. I just lost two hours of my life and I'm not sure to what. As you can see from the pictures below I have four ideas I'm playing with. The black and white pic number two that actually resembles a book cover was done by Kristi not me. 

Which one would you be most tempted to read? Share your vote by commenting below! Hope everyone's having a great week even if it's a bit of a drizzly one. Hang on summer. I'm not done with you yet.

The only reason you get half my head in three of the options is because I was on top of the Art Institute, came up with the idea for the shot, and was the only person around. Good thing my protagonist is blonde.

I've been hit up on Facebook with people's votes. To vote simply leave a comment down below. Cheers everyone and thanks a lot!





8 comments:

  1. Sean and I like the black and white. Although, it does remind me a little bit of the cover for "Speak". I've never seen a novel cover with a photograph with a person in it for a background. It's almost too realistic/detailed/busy. Maybe if you edit it with a "sketch" filter or something similar so it doesn't look like a cell phone selfie? Or if you have an artistic friend they can do a drawn version from the photo to eliminate some of the extra detail. I almost feel like with a novel cover less is more, you want to use your imagine and be left curious instead of getting bombarded with detail. Sean says he uses books to escape reality and the photo is too much like "real-life".

    Also, after looking at my novels, none of the authors use the word "By" in front of their name. It's usually just at the top or bottom of the cover in a larger font (than depicted in your covers).

    Excellent start though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't mean to delete that. Back to Photoshop is what it said. Ha!

      Delete
  3. Hi Love!! I like the black and white one too! Nice! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. According to Facebook Kristi's cover is the popular choice. I have to say I agree. You guys need to try to post your vote here though. Thanks Lenee!

      Delete
  4. I like the two on the right top and bottom. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete