Monday, July 22, 2013

Dogpatch

Those familiar with San Francisco know that Dogpatch is a unique half residential, half industrial neighborhood. It's different from all other neighborhoods because there's ample parking, it's built on flat land, and did I mention there's parking? It's literally the only neighborhood in the City that has parking. 

I chose to juxtapose Dogpatch to Russian Hill in my Mystery Thriller Romance 'Twist' for the reader to get a better idea of San Francisco as a character in and of itself. I'm excited to get feedback from natives who can identify the local referencing.

The reason I bring this up is I'm designing the cover of my book. It's very exciting but San Francisco having so many landmarks is making it difficult for me to decide on the look I'm going for. I'm open to feedback and suggestions! :) I'm planning to do a cover reveal sometime next week.  


4 comments:

  1. It's been years since I visited San Francisco, so I wouldn't be of much help. Good luck with the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I have a few designs I'm debating over and it's tough. Mostly roof top shots of the San Francisco Art Institute. Kristi designed a really cool black and white cover using Photoshop Elements. I'm going to post the cover options in hopes to get some input.

      Delete