Sunday, July 7, 2013

Books On How To Write Books by The Hack

I should preface this post by stating I'm a huge fan of books on writing. My favorites are The Sound On The Page by Ben Yagoda and Bird By Bird by Anne Lamott. I describe both as brilliant, joyful to read, and inspiring. That's a good review.

Now onto the bad. When I'm browsing e-books looking for something similar I'm astounded by how much crap I have to sift through. Now, I'm the queen of typos at first pass, but if I'm going to try to sell a book on writing the least I can do is make sure it's edited properly. 

There's a myriad of fifty plus paged badly written hyped up digital books on how to write a book in no time, with little effort, and make six figures. I'm curious how one picks one of the hardest professions to make a living at and buys it as a get rich quick idea. Given how many e-books there are someone has to be buying them.

2 comments:

  1. Get rich? Most can't even make money.
    My favorite writing book is Save the Cat.
    Oh, and did you know word verification is still on?

    ReplyDelete