Friday, June 21, 2013

Thank You KPBS and TCM!

Awhile ago I was asked 'Where do you get your passion?' I didn't understand the question and thought it strange. I thought about it again today.

The reason I write and read Mysteries ironically stem from the little snippets of television I was allowed to watch as a child. Mystery Theatre to this day is one of my favorite shows. That along with Tosh.O, Girls, and Game of Thrones.

Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes, John Thaw as Inspector Morse, and David Suchet as Hercule Poirot kept me riveted to the screen. My Grandma had cable. Her television never deviated from the Turner Classic Movies channel. Humphrey Bogart as Detective Philip Marlowe and Sam Spade catapulted my jump from Agatha Christie to Raymond Chandler and Dashiell Hammett.

I never tire of the noir anti-hero. The dark magic found deciphering events and uncovering hidden truths. Thank you!

1 comment: