Saturday, June 29, 2013

It Takes A Village

It's supposed to get up to one hundred and four degrees in Martinez today. I know Mark Twain complained about Summer in San Francisco but I could really go for a cool City breeze about now. Fortunately I will be heading over the bridge soon.

No one bothered to tell my seven pound, long haired, miniature Dachshund named Peaches that she's bred to be a City girl. She absolutely hates the City. She loves the woods, swimming in the ocean and lakes. Looming trees and coyote howls are fine. Cars and bicycles are not cool. Good thing my mom lives just under a mile away from my apartment and has dogs for Peaches to play with. Peaches regularly gets dropped off with my mom to spare her a nerve racking trip into San Francisco.

Every writer knows how important community is. It's because of my reaching out that I'm another step closer to publishing my book. An old family friend of mine happens to be a professional editor and has agreed to find time in her insanely busy schedule to edit my book. This takes so much off my mind in terms of how to get from point A to point B. No matter how many times I comb through my manuscript I find glaring errors and develop an almost compulsive need to change things that don't need changing. 

Sharon, if you're reading this. Bless you!

3 comments:

  1. <3 this family/extended family/village!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have a friend who is an editor!
    I live in the South and San Francisco has nothing on our heat and humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read ya! Mark Twain did say the coldest winter he ever had was a summer in San Francisco. Another southern writer if I'm correct! Hope you're keeping cool this weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete