Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Marathon Not A Sprint

It's apparent that some people have zero clue just how difficult it is to write a novel, or at least a good one.

I've written three books previous to Twist. Technically this makes the first book of my Rebecca Ashley series the fourth novel I've written. It took three bad books to get my voice developed enough to write one that I'm proud of and excited to publish.

Enthusiastic, I've given friends a heads up to look for my mystery novel soon. I'm sure you've noticed my new found fondness for social networking sites. I've published some eager posts.

A few friends have responded with, "Oh, you're still working on that?" and "I thought you were finished and working on something else already."

Yes, I'm working on the sequel. I'm also just now preparing for Twist's publication. They say writing a novel is a marathon not a sprint. I think the worst offense committed by self published authors who are actually fantastic writers is they don't take the time to check, double check, and triple check that the format and editing is done. I'm committed to putting out the best product out there I can. Especially if I'm putting my name and a price tag on it.

I should note the people who have implied that as a writer I should be more prolific by now are not writers. There! I'm done with my rant.

1 comment: